The Malformed Stillborn Opinion Channel

Death to the living. Long life for the Killers.

Friday, February 20, 2004

An explanation is due. Yes, and explanation has come due. You must understand the circumstances under which I have undertaken my second (of two) blogs. The old journal had gotten a bit too personal to function the way I wanted, and needed it to function. SO here is the new blog, the blog of heightened rhetoric, erudition, and good old pretention. Because really what is the point of a blog, unless it be to either defame ex-girlfriends or pontificate in a manner derogatory of all who disagree. Therein lies the problem: the old blog was too weighed down with denunciations of certain females to function as a proper venue of pontification.

So, why Drunk Hamlet? Why Malformed Stillborn opinions? The one comes from Nietzche's Birth of Tragedy; the other in part from Richard III, and part from the opening track to the Decemberists' Castaways and Cutouts. And on the wholly other side of matters, I felt that a URL that reached as high as Hamlet soused, must have a title that stoops to the self-deprecation of pop music. Balance was what I hoped to acheive. Coherence still needs to be worked on.

Ah, I feel it in me already, the heady rush of a new blog, the dizzying magnitude of the endeavor to be undertaken. The massive dose of sarcasm fermenting in my skull, ready to spill its yeasty froth into type.

Anyway, so here it is: the New Blog. I hope you all don't hate me too much after that intro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home