The Malformed Stillborn Opinion Channel

Death to the living. Long life for the Killers.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thank god Jules et Jim was on tv tonight.




The Oracle of Delphi

"I have no patience for people," she said. Her face was animated, pulling back as she said that, as if to disown the words as they dropped into air.

"Intelligence, curiosity, devotion, love, these are things we look for in dogs." And she drank, at least half of the gin and tonic in front of her.

"It is our nature to love at distances, the closer we come are to something, the more effort it takes to love it. Loving yourself requires the most effort of all." And she started staring at my half finished bourbon.

The waitress came by, and left, neither noticing nor caring about the young ladies empty glass. And I excused myself to go to the bathroom.

"Will you quit smoking?" She asked as I came back, and began to put on my jacket. My hand found the disused coaster, and placed it on top of my drink. My hands felt slick with sweat and my feet were tired.

"I think I see your point." I said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home