The Malformed Stillborn Opinion Channel

Death to the living. Long life for the Killers.

Friday, May 01, 2009

Questions of Importunity

You searched through my poets
from Sappho through to Auden
I saw the book fall from your hands
as you slowly died of boredom


I feel tired. I'm exhausted. I'm a scientist.



Live it out, walk off the differences and believe for a few minutes. Don't care what it might mean for your dignity. Five months and nevermind. Treat the past like the sterile, dead thing it is. Wake up.

Embrace empty-hearted appeasement, leave be. Cancel subscriptions and take your coffee black. Don't wait until 4 July to shoot your rockets off.

Swine flu, and the increasing meaninglessness of fear. I just want to thank you for going insane.

Encode the difference in how you hold your cigarette. A little less expectation. A little more fancy free, a little more fanatic fantasy. A little more alliterative alteration; memory becomes narrative, memory narrative, and the world gets a little smaller.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home