The Malformed Stillborn Opinion Channel

Death to the living. Long life for the Killers.

Friday, October 01, 2004

ganked from dailykos:

"I think you (and maybe your readers) will be interested in a personal experience I had last night while watching the debate.

My 19 year-old (former foster) son, who has never been interested in politics, sat down with me and began silently watching about 10 minutes into it.

About half an hour later he turned to me and said, "Dad, am I able to vote?". I told him he would have to register but that yes, he could vote. I asked who he wanted to vote for, and he said "Kerry's the tall dude, right?". I said yes, and he said, "I'd vote for Kerry".

I asked him why, and he replied, "Because, I can tell if they were both captured by terrorists Kerry would keep telling them to go f*** themselves, and Bush would cry like a baby and tell them anything they wanted to know".

Today we registered him to vote.

-- Proud Dad"

Anyone and everyone who believes healthcare is a right, Iraq is a mistake, and the best hope for the world is cooperation within a legalistic international framework, anyone who believes he or she has a right to organize at his or her place of business, anyone who believes that oil and exhaustable fossil fuels are not the future of america, anyone who believes our best days lie ahead of us, not behind us, should take up reading dailykos like nobodys business.

On another note, Elvis Costello's Delivery Man is not only an excellent, bluesy record, it also comes with a handy "fuck off" to the fbi on the back.


I am going to go sleep now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home