The Malformed Stillborn Opinion Channel

Death to the living. Long life for the Killers.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

This week was

horrific. My car got towed, and then the shit really hit the fan. I was thinking, originally, about 100$ to get it out. And I payed that. But no, my insurance had lapsed, and so it ended up costing about 400$, but for a while, I was thinking maybe more like 800$, which would have meant me having to leave the city, or ignoring the fact that I pay rent. Or both.

But it all got sorted out on tuesday. I got all my shit together, got the car reinsured, reregistered, payed the storage, and got it out on the streets with enough time to visit Jamie at the 'bucks and get down to Cambridgeside to meet the staff for our summer party. It was a cruise in Boston harbor, with a cashbar and catered. My coworker Jackie (who is incredible) was buying drinks faster than I could suck them down, and I was going full tilt like the charming asshole I am. All in all, an incredible evening, and the city looked just gorgeous, almost as gorgeous as whatshername 1, or whatshername 2.



Then went to work at 7 am the next morning, and man, was that some nostalgia. Haven't pulled the totally hungover asscrack of dawn shift since my best days at Athan's, but I got through it with alacrity and aplomb, as is my want.

I am going to NYC on sunday with Jamie, and am looking forward to it more than anything. I have a bad history with trips to NYC, starting all the way back in the days of Sean and Viv and allan and 'tien, and the ride to Phili that took 12 freakin hours.

There is a lot of strife going on, and I am presently in the center of it, though the cause of none of it. I have a lot to say on the matter, but because all the people involved are my friends, and I am a polite individual, I will reserve my words for in person meetings and whispered telephone conversations in the dark of night, as is my want.

I have a lot on my plate right now, and I am slowly beginning to realize that this summer has changed a lot of things for me, has changed a lot about me. BEing fired from Athan's was good for me, in a lot of ways. It ended the monastacism of long hours, long weeks, and drinking alone at Porter Belly's or the Middle East. But it also ended my being financially comfortable, and now I am frantically searching for supplements to my income. I feel like a lot of my life was just lost in that job, and I'm only now rediscovering it. If it takes being broke to be this happy, then I'll switch beers for martinis and burn dollars in the furnace. Just don't let me get so far gone as to have to move home. I can't do that. Not just on a moving back in with parents sucks thing, but physically, I cannot move back in there. There isn't room and I'd be driven mad within a week.

I'm a bit rambly, I know that.



Indulge me at your peril.

1 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...well, hopefully I can get to see you soon. I hate having only a vague idea of things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home